The Municipality of Koszalin implements a policy that very much favors the entrepreneurs and investors. The entity responsible for economic development, support of entrepreneurship and contacts with investors is the Development and International Cooperation Department of the Municipal Authority of Koszalin [Wydział Rozwoju i Współpracy Zagranicznej Urzędu Miejskiego w Koszalinie].
The city’s attractiveness for the investors has been proven by approx 18.800 businesses and ca 230 companies with foreign capital input from 22 countries such as Denmark, Germany, Sweden, Norway, Canada, Holland, Ukraine and the United States of America.
KOSZALIN’S STRONG POINTS IN TERMS OF INVESTMENTS ARE:
- Geographic location;
- Tourist values;
- Attractive and developed investment areas;
- Tax incentives for investors;
- Investment environment and entrepreneurship development support;
- Extensive network of the business environment institutions;
- Availability of infrastructure;
- City’s academic nature;
- Low labour costs and well educated staff;
- Well developed network of primary, secondary and post-secondary schools;
- Care of the natural environment;
- Proactive attitude in international contacts.
THE MOST IMPORTANT AREAS OF COOPERATION WITH THE MUNICIPALITY OF KOSZALIN ARE:
- Development on preferential terms of the ready to use investment areas in the Koszalin Subzone of Słupsk Special Economic Zone.
- Reactivation of the civilian airport in Zegrze Pomorskie near Koszalin (currently this project is well advanced).
- Winning investors for premises at the already operating Technological Park.
- Accomplishment and putting in operation of a Call Center.
- Construction of a marina at Lake Jamno.
- Development of the Chełmska Hill areas to perform the sport, recreation and tourist functions.
- Winning investors for the areas earmarked for hotels and accomplishment of recreation and tourist establishments.
Wydział Rozwoju i Współpracy Zagranicznej
[Development and International Cooperation Department]
Urząd Miejski w Koszalinie
[Municipal Authority of Koszalin]
ul. Mickiewicza 26
tel. (+48 94) 348-87-93 ; fax. (+48 94) 348-87-92