The Polish Agency for Enterprise Development (PAED) is a governmental agency subordinate to the Minister of the Economy. It was established by the Act of 9 November 2000 on the establishment of the Polish Agency for Enterprise Development. Its task is the management of funds assigned from the State Budget and European Union for the support of entrepreneurship and the development of human resources, with particular consideration given to the needs of small and mediumsized enterprises (SMEs). PAED is among the institutions responsible for the implementation of activities financed from the Structural Funds.
The objective of the Agency is the implementation of economy development programmes, in particular with respect to the support of:
· SME development,
· Export development,
· Regional development,
· Application of new techniques and technologies,
· Creation of new jobs, tackling unemployment and human resources development.
This objective is carried out through:
· The provision of grants to SME sector companies, institutions supporting the development of SMEs, training institutions and labour market institutions,
· The rendering of advisory and expert services,
· The facilitation of access to knowledge, economic information, studies and analyses to entrepreneurs,
· The organisation of undertakings of an informative and promotional nature.